Let us put things right


If you have a complaint, please get in touch with our Customer Services team. They'll do everything they can to put things right as quickly as possible.

Step 1: We're here to help, contact our Customer Services


If you have a complaint, please get in touch with our Customers Services team. The person who registers your complaint will be your complaint handler and responsible from beginning to end.

They'll do everything they can to put things right as quickly as possible and will work with you to find a resolution, keeping you updated along the way. 

Call us: 0333 200 5103(1) Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm

Email: SMECustomerServices@edfenergy.com


Don’t forget - you might be able to find the answer to your problem in our help and support pages.

Step 2: Escalate

If you’re not happy with how your complaint is progressing, let your complaint handler know. They’ll arrange for your complaint to be reassessed and let you know the outcome.

Step 3: If we can't fix the problem

We'll do everything we can to resolve your complaint, but we know this isn't always possible. If it's been eight weeks since you first told us about the problem or you've had a deadlock letter, you can contact the Energy Ombudsman(2)

Further information

Contact our CEO

Our CEO, Simone Rossi cares about your issue. If you’ve already asked your complaint handler to escalate your concerns and are still not happy with how things are going, get in touch and Simone will work with his senior team to put things right.

Independent advice

We really want to help you with your complaint, and feel confident that we'll be able to help. But sometimes you might want free, independent advice.

You can get help with energy problems. This includes issues with your bills or meters or if you're struggling to pay for the energy use. 

If you live in England or wales go to citizensadvice.org.uk/energy(2) or contact the Citizens Advice consumer service on 0808 223 1133. Calls are free.

If you live in Scotland, go to energyadvice.scot(2) or contact Advice Direct Scotland on 0808 196 8660. Calls are free.

Citizens Advice and Advice Direct Scotland are the official sources of free and independent energy advice and support.


Third Party Intermediaries

If you're a Micro Business consumer and have any complaints regarding an energy broker you may have used in connection with your supplies from EDF, you'll need to contact them directly initially.

You're entitled to have the complaint reviewed and determined by the Energy Ombudsman if you can't reach a resolution with them.

A Micro Business is any customer that has:

• An annual consumption of electricity of less than 100,000 kWh or

• An annual consumption of gas of less than 293,000 kWh or

• Fewer than the equivalent of ten full time employees or

• An annual turnover or annual balance sheet total not exceeding 2 million Euros